Sunday, October 18, 2009

Command

I was recently made aware that I was "screened for command" as part of the Information Warfare Community's new Command Screen Board model. Needless to say I am extremely honored and excited about the opportunity. When I was told shortly thereafter that I got my number one choice for command (Navy Information Operations Command (NIOC) Pensacola), I was elated. My wife is excited to move yet again, as she is all about the adventure, and my son has visions of beachfront condo living.

Though I love my current job and have many things left on my "To-Do List", I have already begun my transformation under the direction of my personal Board of Directors made up of mentors (junior and senior, military and civilian.) As Jim Rohn says, "It's not what you get, it's what you become." I'm proud of what others have helped me to become, but I am more excited about becoming the person the Sailors at NIOC Pensacola deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment